The best solution for kidney disease is a new kidney.
GRH’s regional renal program is a referral center in the patient’s kidney transplant journey. We complete your work up, provide you and your family members necessary education and refer you to a transplant center.
We offer referral services at GRH’s KW Campus and the Guelph satellite clinic. Their contact information is as follows:
- Grand River Hospital, KW Campus (7th floor A wing), 835 King Street West, Kitchener 519-749-4300, extension 2189
- Guelph Site, 73 Delhi Street, Guelph 519-822-7664 or 519-749-4300, extension 3600 From Guelph (toll free) switchboard: 519-821-5332, extension 3600
In the meantime, we have the following links and information to help you learn more:
- To understand more about patient journey during transplant process, view our transplant care map (PDF opens in new window).
- The Transplant Handbook (PDF opens in a new window) shares information about renal transplant process and patient journey.
- Explore Transplant Ontario is an education program designed for Ontarian's with kidney failure, along with their families, friends, potential living donors and healthcare providers. Its purpose is to explain the available kidney transplant options so that those living with kidney failure can make well-informed decisions about their treatment. We hope that Explore Transplant Ontario will help patients, family members and friends, potential living donors, healthcare providers and the general public learn more about kidney disease, dialysis and transplant. To learn more visit, Explore Transplant Ontario (opens in new window).
- The Transplant Ambassador Program is a grassroots, patient‐directed initiative supported by the Can‐SOLVE CKD Network. TAP includes living kidney donors, recipients, and family members who are passionate about supporting patients living with chronic kidney disease and their family members in learning more about kidney transplantation and living kidney donation. To understand how a TAP Ambassador can help you, please visit: https://transplantambassadors.ca/ (opens in new window).