Welcome to Grand River Hospital’s emergency department. We serve patients of all ages who have emergency health care needs.
You can find us on the second floor in the E wing at our KW Campus at 835 King Street West in Kitchener. We are open 24 hours a day.
Care partners/visitors: All patients can bring one care partner to accompany them.
Here are the top five things you need to know:
- The emergency department has its own entrance, located at King Street West and Pine Street. Special signage will help you find your way;
- There is a special parking lot for emergency patients at King and Pine streets. You’re also welcome to use our other KW Campus parking lots;
- We are one of two emergency departments serving Kitchener-Waterloo. We work closely with St. Mary’s General Hospital’s emergency department, located at 911 Queen’s Boulevard in Kitchener. Please note there is no emergency department at our Freeport Campus (3570 King Street East in Kitchener);
- The wait time clock is currently unavailable to allow us to complete maintenance to make the wait time information as accurate as possible. We will reactivate the wait time clock as soon as possible;
- Our mission is to deliver an exceptional and compassionate health care experience. We have a great team with many different health professionals to meet your health care needs. Should you require emergency care, come to the emergency department or call 911 if you have a serious injury or condition. Fast, free medical advice is available; Health811 (formerly Health Care Connect/Telehealth Ontario) at: 811 or TTY: 1-866-797-0007. In a medical emergency, call 911 right away.
If you have a comment, compliment or concern, please contact our patient relations office at 519-749-4300, ext. 2966, through email at email@example.com.
Getting here- KW Campus
This service is located at the KW Campus, 835 King Street West in Kitchener.KW Campus: 835 King Street West, KitchenerKW Campus parking info
News from the emergency program
GRH offers advice and support to reduce stigma and aid in recovery for people who’ve attempted suicideSeptember 5, 2018
As part of our efforts to reduce stigma and improve mental health care, Grand River Hospital has advice and support for individuals who have attempted suicide and survived as well as their families
GRH provides important health info for new students accessing the emergency departmentAugust 29, 2018
Grand River Hospital’s Lazaridis Family Foundation Emergency Department has some important tips for new post-secondary students who are living away from home for the first time.
Unmasking Brain Injury project supports understanding of brain injuriesJune 1, 2018
As part of Brain Injury Awareness Month, Grand River Hospital’s KW Campus is home to an emotional exhibit that tells the stories of local brain injury survivors.
GRH welcomes partnership for addictions careApril 23, 2018
A partnership for better addictions care was in focus at Grand River Hospital. The hospital hosted partners including House of Friendship, Stonehenge Therapeutic Community and the Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network to celebrate the launch of the rapid access addiction clinic (RAAC).