Welcome to Grand River Hospital’s emergency department. We serve patients of all ages who have emergency health care needs.
You can find us on the second floor in the E wing at our KW Campus at 835 King Street West in Kitchener. We are open 24 hours a day.
Care partners/visitors: All patients can bring one care partner to accompany them.
Here are the top five things you need to know:
- The emergency department has its own entrance, located at King Street West and Pine Street. Special signage will help you find your way;
- There is a special parking lot for emergency patients at King and Pine streets. You’re also welcome to use our other KW Campus parking lots;
- We are one of two emergency departments serving Kitchener-Waterloo. We work closely with St. Mary’s General Hospital’s emergency department, located at 911 Queen’s Boulevard in Kitchener. Please note there is no emergency department at our Freeport Campus (3570 King Street East in Kitchener);
- The wait time clock is currently unavailable to allow us to complete maintenance to make the wait time information as accurate as possible. We will reactivate the wait time clock as soon as possible;
- Our mission is to deliver an exceptional and compassionate health care experience. We have a great team with many different health professionals to meet your health care needs. Should you require emergency care, come to the emergency department or call 911 if you have a serious injury or condition. Fast, free medical advice is available; Health Connect Ontario at: 811 or TTY: 1-866-797-0007. In a medical emergency, do not call Health Connect Ontario. Call 911 right away.
If you have a comment, compliment or concern, please contact our patient relations office at 519-749-4300, ext. 2966, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRH emergency department asks for safe celebrating on St. Patrick's DayMarch 15, 2018
Grand River Hospital is asking members of the public to celebrate safely this St. Patrick's Day.
Let's talk about mental health: perspectives from GRH mental health and addictions staff membersJanuary 30, 2018
As Grand River Hospital continues the conversation on mental health on this Bell Let's Talk Day, we would like to offer various perspectives on mental health care and resources available to patients and families.
Grand River Hospital posts fourth consecutive year among Canada’s top ten hospitals for patient safetyNovember 30, 2017
For the fourth straight year, Grand River Hospital has placed in the top ten hospitals in Canada when comparing patient survival rates.
Heart & Stroke, Region of Waterloo Paramedic Services and GRH take FAST action to create more stroke survivorsOctober 26, 2017
In support of World Stroke Day on October 29, 2017, Heart & Stroke, Region of Waterloo Paramedic Services, and Grand River Hospital are teaming up to ensure that more lives are saved from the effects of stroke.