Welcome to Grand River Hospital’s emergency department. We serve patients of all ages who have emergency health care needs.
You can find us on the second floor in the E wing at our KW Campus at 835 King Street West in Kitchener. We are open 24 hours a day.
Care partners/visitors: All patients can bring one care partner to accompany them.
Here are the top five things you need to know:
- The emergency department has its own entrance, located at King Street West and Pine Street. Special signage will help you find your way;
- There is a special parking lot for emergency patients at King and Pine streets. You’re also welcome to use our other KW Campus parking lots;
- We are one of two emergency departments serving Kitchener-Waterloo. We work closely with St. Mary’s General Hospital’s emergency department, located at 911 Queen’s Boulevard in Kitchener. Please note there is no emergency department at our Freeport Campus (3570 King Street East in Kitchener);
- The wait time clock is currently unavailable to allow us to complete maintenance to make the wait time information as accurate as possible. We will reactivate the wait time clock as soon as possible;
- Our mission is to deliver an exceptional and compassionate health care experience. We have a great team with many different health professionals to meet your health care needs. Should you require emergency care, come to the emergency department or call 911 if you have a serious injury or condition. Fast, free medical advice is available; Health Connect Ontario at: 811 or TTY: 1-866-797-0007. In a medical emergency, do not call Health Connect Ontario. Call 911 right away.
If you have a comment, compliment or concern, please contact our patient relations office at 519-749-4300, ext. 2966, through email at email@example.com.
How to access emergency mental health careMay 3, 2017
If a mental health emergency affects you or a family member, Grand River Hospital wants to help support you or your loved one on the road to recovery.
An update on Easter weekend services at Grand River HospitalApril 13, 2017
Please be advised that several clinics and services may have different hours from Friday April 14th to Monday April 17th inclusive
Celebrating GRH's patient registration staffApril 6, 2017
On Friday April 7th, GRH will recognize our patient registration professionals across our hospital’s campuses. Every year, the patient registration department will register, admit and check-in upwards of 400,000 patients.
Providing exceptional care during a busy seasonFebruary 10, 2017
It’s been a busy winter, and Grand River Hospital is working hard to provide patients the care they need.